Month: October 2015
Between inbound and outbound marketing programs, it’s essential to build a strong SEO foundation. This is for brand new Websites, Website redesigns, and new Content Management System rollouts.
- People frequently search online to find what they need using the major search engines, specialty search engines, directories, and other Websites. SEO can help sustain long-term growth in these areas.
- Working with a marketing automation platform, it is always good that landing pages and sections people click to are ready to rank for SEO.
- Pages linked from PPC, SEM, and display ads can get indexed and used for SEO. This happens when people share or link to pages they find from online ads.
- If you don’t think print ads, tradeshows, or events align with SEO, think again! When people go online and type in your URL (or save time and search through Google), those visits can result in emails, social media shares, Website links, or articles.
- When your SEO program has scaled in weeks or months to deliver results that exceed your expectations, you may be able to spend less on ads. The extra spend could be focused on more SEO projects.
Bounce rate (% of visitors who navigate away from a site after viewing one page) is a very useful metric to increase time on page and conversions through a Website funnel. Good bounces are on pages at the end of the funnel where you want visitors to leave the site, such as through completion of a form, signing up for an email list, or checking out to buy a product. Bad bounces are on pages earlier in the funnel, with examples being longer pages of content or the home page.
Here are 5 places to start when working to lower the visitor bounce rate and increase time on page:
- Look at Web metrics and see if the page title fits user expectations of what content should be on the page.
- Improve site design as well as navigation so users can find what they need next.
- Do A/B testing to see if shortening or editing content / headings / subheads improves the bounce rate.
- Consider what information, imagery, and videos need to be added to a page to make it more useful and trustworthy.
- Use a marketing automation platform such as Marketo or HubSpot to get additional actionable data about the visitor funnel.
Bonus: There are hundreds of other ways to lower page bounce rate, one more being to add related links on a page so that visitors can find more useful information.
I’ve built and marketed dozens of sites by hand as well as grown thousands of Websites with strategic team project rollouts. No need to bounce from this page as you can click through and contact me here.